In the last years, the celebration of civil weddings acquired special public importance in the development of the protocol service, since this service is responsible for the procedure and organization of the weddings which are celebrated in the City Council. In any case, the functions of the Protocol service are quite a lot more extensive:
- Reception of authorities and personalities who deserve a special treatment for their representation.
- Watch over the fulfilment of the traditions and customs firmly rooted on a local or regional-wide scale.
- Collaboration with other bodies, organizations and public institutions.
- Reception and deal with the official correspondence (greetings, congratulations).
- Celebration of civil weddings, which will be officiated by the Mayor or the councillor by him delegated.